24.12.07

As of now...

This blog is getting stripped bare... I have archived everything that was here and begun switching things around, aligning the content to the proper class sessions, etc. I look forward to seeing everyone come January 7, 2008. I have a lot of interesting content for you guys to rip through and absorb. I think it's funny John Maeda just took the RISD Presidency over and started a blog over on the RISD site (HERE). I'm a big fan of the blog as a teaching tool and started this one up a while back (October).

In addition to required readings, this blog will serve as an integral part of your learning experience in this class. Online media content, external websites and documentation of artworks created in the classroom will all come together in the completion of this online instruction manual/yearbook. Allowing both you (the student) and me (the teacher) the opportunity to look back and reflect on this experience in the future.

Anything past this post pertains to the course subject matter and should be checked out, or at least skimmed over; but for reasons of time I have had to cut them out. But be sure to watch the young man beat Mario Brothers with his feet. Or the detailed account of how 2 young men got arrested for attempting to rob a convenience store with a Nintendo Zapper. But don't say I didn't warn you; There's a reason most of it didn't fit in to our schedule: like a lot of things on the internet, it's mostly crap.

No comments: